Subject: RE: Recording into Directory
From: Jeremy Zoss (
Date: 2004-01-09

> I think I may be missing something, or not read the manual properly, but
> is it possible to record into a directory, rather than the root?

Many many months ago I submitted a patch to allow for more flexibility in
recording filenames (including path). It allowed the use of recording
settings, time/date, or auto-incrementing counter in filenames. Also
allowed file paths to be absolute (in a directory of your choice) or
relative (to the "current" directory you started recording from). It's a
feature I use often in my personal builds.

It's definitely outdated now, but shouldn't be all that hard to update to
recent CVS. It's not very complex.

Check out: patch [730000] Custom Recording Filenames

Good luck!
  Jeremy Zoss