Subject: Re: Descrambler for multimedia

Re: Descrambler for multimedia

From: Rune Wiinberg <colourless_at_stud.ku.dk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:03:11 +0100

> On the other hand, getting Rockbox up and running to give the Multimedias
the same MP3 player/recorder capabilitios we have today is probably not
*that* big a deal since it uses the same MP3 chip as our current recorders.
The TI DSP is where the really tricky stuff, like playing movies, lies. The
question then becomes: Is it worth the effort of porting Rockbox to the
Multimedia if we can't play movies on it?

As a owner of a JBMM (and JBR20) I would certainly like to see Rockbox on my
JBMM even at the cost of it loosing it's ability to play movies. I guess
that I could always rolo into the Archos FW if I needed that functionality.
Just thinking of the potiential of Rockbox running on a faster CPU with 16MB
ram and a TFT color display... Dreams, sweet dreams ;-)

Best regards
\ Rune