Subject: Suggestion for firmware flash and Rolo
From: Joseph Jones (joe_at_bumpycarrot.cjb.net)
Date: 2004-01-09

I've never really messed much with the F1 boot-up before, never really
had reason since Rockbox fills my needs, but I've only just (ha-hah on
me) realised that F1 boots up a .ajz if one is present, or continues
with the regular first-half firmware otherwise (so basically it's the
default, dur).

I've noticed that actually letting Rockbox load and then Rolo-ing into
the 1.27d firmware is actually faster than even letting the 1.28 in the
flash load(!) and certainly faster than allowing it to load firmware off
the disk. Perhaps we could use F2 as a startup option to let Rolo load
ajbrec.ajz?

Joe