Subject: Re: id3v2 incompatibility
From: Jon Drukman (jsd_at_cluttered.com)
Date: 2004-01-10

At 01:39 AM 1/9/2004, Johan Vromans wrote:
>Jon Drukman <jsd_at_cluttered.com> writes:
>
> > i like this little app because it is small, fast and free.
>
>It is not free. It is gratis, which is quite different.

sorry, i don't like the term "gratis", and i don't like the overloading of
the word "free." i never say "free" to mean "open source." when i say
"open" or "open source" i mean "open source software" and when i say "free"
i mean "free beer". i think that is a much clearer approach.

the fact that "free" and "gratis" are so easily confused in at least 3
languages (as evidenced by other postings here today) should prove my point.

-jsd-