Subject: Re: F2 Configuration
From: Salokyn (
Date: 2004-01-10

It's OK to me, i don't think you can find an easier way to assign F1
features to F2.

"c0utta fish" <> a écrit dans le message de news:

I am about half way through my F2 patch that allows F2 to be customised
according to the NEWKEYS document. At first, I'm concentrating on allowing
items from the settings menu (F1) to be added to F2. There are some things
I'd like to clear up, as well as some suggestions I'd like to make.

Firstly, Rockbox will lose F2 functionality within F1 menus. At present,
you can access F2 within the F1 menu to access quick screens. I plan on
using F2 within F1 to add items to the F2 menu (sounds intuitive to me).

To do this successfully, I need to add an action code to every menu entry in
F1 (i.e. add an action element to the menu_items structure in menu.h). My
long-term plan is to separate actions from buttons and this is the first

I have also added a key handler to the menu system that allows key
assignments to be more flexible. For example, my above suggestion about
using F2 within F1 to assign a menu item uses this key handler to execute a
function stored as a pointer. Once again, this is a part of the plan to
separate actions from buttons.

If anyone violently disagrees with the above then let me know, because I
don't want to start this major re-organisation.

Also, once I'm done with the settings menu do you want the patch submitted ?
  It seems that this functionality would satisfy most of the requests on the
mail list. Just let me know.

E-mail just got a whole lot better. New ninemsn Premium. Click here