Subject: RE: what do you think about : Playlist = Folder

RE: what do you think about : Playlist = Folder

From: Wolf_Bulk_Mail <wolf_bulkmail_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0500

I think that is a good idea but I'd also suggest that folders be treated
slightly differently, as well. What I suggest is that if you "play" a
folder, it should queue up all the songs in that folder (and perhaps
even subfolders) and play them. However, if you click RIGHT on a
folder, it drills you down into its contents.

This way, users (like me) wouldn't be forced to create playlists when
they have a pretty thorough directory structure and simply want to play
at the folder level (by genra, album, etc.). This would still allow
navigation as well as playing. Plus, the key layout is consistent with
the below suggestion for playlists, as well.

Just a thought...

- Eric

PS: I think there is an outstanding Rockbox feature request for this
but I don't see anything stating it has been worked on at all.