Subject: Re: what do you think about : Playlist = Folder

Re: what do you think about : Playlist = Folder

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:02:46 +0100

Johan Vromans wrote:
> I really appreciate the playlist viewer, but why the need for two
> different UIs when from the user point of view playlists and
> directories are essentially the same?

Directories are part of the file system, and it shows the true contents
of the hard drive. Playlists are files containing references to files,
possibly from all over the file system, and also possibly non-existant.

I think it is a really bad idea to view a playlist as a directory, since
it would (IMHO) be really confusing.

Just my 0.02.

Linus