Subject: Re: Rockbox build from CVS - small UCL file?

Re: Rockbox build from CVS - small UCL file?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:20:37 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Steve Russell wrote:

> I've compiled the latest CVS source and get a 167806 byte ajbrec.ajz file
> (recorder build, all defaults), but the corresponding UCL file is only 5
> bytes long. I don't see anything relevant on the list, so I just want to
> make sure there's no known problem or obvious pilot error before I start
> debugging.

Load that .ucl file in a text editor and you'll see the magic text: "fake"...
This happens when you don't have the 'uclpack' command in your path when you
build rockbox.

It doesn't hurt you, but you can of course not flash your unit using this
file. uclpack is available for win32 in Jörg's flash tools at
http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/flash/ and the source package
can be obtained from Markus Oberhumer's site:
http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/ucl/