Subject: Re: Can't get triggered recording precise
From: kurzhaarrocker (
Date: 2004-01-12

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:54:15 +0100, "Andreas Stemmer"
<> wrote:

>kurzhaarrocker wrote:
>> Simple triggering does work if you're confident with a precision
>> within 1s. But that's not good enough to be comitted.
>I don't think so. A precision of 1s is good enough for every case I can

I am convinced that it _is_ possible to have precision that is much
better and only limited by the maximal frame time of a mp3 frame. But
that might require some magic in the mpeg code for recording. I don't
really understand that code. As [IDC]Dragon already modified the mpeg
code to give better low level access to the playback I hope that
something similar happens to the recording part. If that should happen
the precision of the trigger could be thrown into a completely new
galaxy of precision. That's why I think a trigger that works as lousy
as mine isn't worthy to go into the main development tree.