Subject: Remake User Interface
From: Henri (hdavidlists_at_free.fr)
Date: 2004-01-12

Hi,

I was looking at the interface :

- are they plan to integrate this graphical sound menu we saw some time
ago in patch ?
http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-02/0642.shtml

- this patch included a remade key binding that was way more efficient
than the current one (basically f1 sound menu, f2 menu, f3 wps, on
browser, off stop). This was really interesting idea, we could keep
quick screen on f1,f2,f3. they would appear after a longer press on the
buttons.
http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-02/0642.shtml

- exiting the menu is really boring as we have to press several time on
f1 or left to exit. Why can't we exit the menu while pressing ONCE on ON
?

The basic idea is that we have enought keys to make thing simple, so why
should we keep them so complex ;)

Henri