Subject: RE: Can't get triggered recording precise
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-01-12

Dan Richardson wrote:
> A range of 1 second is useless,
> unless you can bias it so that it's 0-1 second early.
> One second late can easily be the entire first bar of a song.

The silence detection doesn't detect the start or end exactly at the moment,
there can be variations of up to 1 second. But that doesn't mean that the
first second of the recording is lost.
If I set the trigger start time to 1s (there's one second of signal above
the threshold needed to start the recording) and have a prerecord time of 3s, I
get recordings with 1-2s of silence at the beginning. The reduced precision
only means, that there's not exactly 2s of silence as expected.

Andreas