Subject: Re: F2 Configuration
From: H C (hccebay_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2004-01-12

--- Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> c0utta fish wrote:
> >
> > My long-term plan is to separate actions from
> buttons and this is the first
> > step.
> >

> I don't think the configurable quickscreens should
> simply be shortcuts to menu entries. That's too slow
> to use, at least the way the configuration menu
> entries work today (enter setting, change value,
> exit setting).
>
> I think we should start with making a list of what
> is reasonable to be able to put in the configurable
> F2 screens. (And "everything" is not a good answer.)
> Then, looking at this list, we can think about the
> best way to implement it.
>
> --
> Björn

FWIW, I must agree with Björn on this. I like the
idea of being able to customize the F2 (and F3, too!)
quick-menus, but I still want them to
_behave_like_quick_menus_ so that a single keystroke
cycles through the choices.

On a side note, couldn't we allow more than three
choices on each quick-menu. What about the UP key? or
Play/Pause?

Also, why not allow more than 2 quick menus. A
short-press/long-press distinction of F2 & F3 would
provide for four of them instead of two.

Regards,
Soundman