Subject: Re: Cold weather issues?
From: Rob Bauer (
Date: 2004-01-13

Its been a few days since I last seen the error so I don't remember the
exact wording, but when mine bombs out, it usually bombs out in 1 of two

1. hard drive keeps trying to spin up, pauses, and then tries again
2. Get an error saying ATA: -1 (I think thats the word)

If you get #2, you can press ON and it should take you to a debug
display. I usually end up holding down the ON botton to make sure the
drive boots up and it usually just goes right to debug. From there,
you'll see a line towards the bottom showing the battery voltatge. You
may have to play with it to get it to go...

H C wrote:

>How do you get it into debug mode if the drive won't
>spin up to load the firmware?
>--- Rob Bauer <> wrote:
>>My FM Recorder is very cranky in cold weather. I
>>find just putting it
>>directly in front of

Rob Bauer
Tekro, LLC - Web & Computer Consulting -+-