Subject: Re: F2 Configuration

Re: F2 Configuration

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:32:48 +0100

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> The PLAY button can be used in either case. It's currently not used
> simply because there's no room to write the button assignment text on
> the screen...

This is, IMHO, one of the main reasons to redesign the quick menus. They
can only contain a few choices, and the text on screen is very limited
and quite difficult to translate (because the text strings are separate
for each line of text). Also, the small space available for text makes
it hard to translate to certain languages.

I want a simple menu, possibly with short cuts to some of the options.

For example, let F3 pop up a menu of X choices, where the first choice
would be preselected, so PLAY would select that. Then the second choice
could be selected with LEFT (as well as DOWN and PLAY of course). The
third could be selected with RIGHT (or DOWN-DOWN-PLAY). The rest of the
choices would be selected the normal way, by moving the cursor and press
Play.

Just an idea.

Linus