Subject: Re: Viewing Files With Plugins UPDATED

Re: Viewing Files With Plugins UPDATED

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:50:25 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Henrik Backe wrote:

> I've alreday done som work on the concept and hope te bee able to show a
> "proof of concept" this weekend. I think everything except the build system
> support for the view.config file will be there.

Neat. I'll provide the build stuff that will generate a nice view.config file
as well as name the viewer plugins properly.

Linus wants them to be 'handlers' or 'filters' but in my head those names
don't make it any clearer. Anyone else with any preferences on the name issue?

> I think there should possibly be an option to do this scan at bootup.

Yes, that's what I want.

> Playing view.config should also invoke this scan.

True!

> If get many different icons fort tha same file (depending on font and/or
> font size), we will need separate icon files.

I think that's overkill. Settling with one fixed size icons should be good for
the forseeable future. But again:

> But as you wrote, lets get this implemented and proceed with improvements
> later.

Yeps. We could easily invent a new icon format anytime later on.