Subject: Re: Viewing Files With Plugins UPDATED
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2004-01-13

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Linus wants them to be 'handlers' or 'filters' but in my head those names
> don't make it any clearer. Anyone else with any preferences on the name
> issue?

I think "viewers" is good. It's a clear enough description of what should go in that dir. "Handlers" or "filters" are not really any more informational.

Sure, we can have VBRfix or Encrypt plugins in the "viewers" directory, which strictly aren't viewers. But I don't think we have to change the name just because of that.

I do agree with Linus idea about calling the ON+PLAY option "Open with..." instead of "View with..." though.