Subject: Re: Problem with Flashed FM Recorder

Re: Problem with Flashed FM Recorder

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:34:32 +0100 (MET)

> When I was trying to reflash to the latest rockbox, I accidentally (I
> think)
> reflashed my FM Recorder with the original archos firmware
> (archos_v2_140a.ucl) instead in a moment of idiocy.

That's the software for a V2 recorder, not for an FM. The FM has 1.30j. It
shouldn't make much difference, just the tuner disabled, but you never know
unless tried.

Anyway, if you just flashed a wrong .ucl you're safe, no matter which file
you used. Hold F1 while powering on should bring your box back to life with
the correct Archos software.

> Subsequent attempts to
> get Rockbox to run, whether the flash_fm version of ajbrec.ajz, the 2.1
> version, or the latest daily build have been unsuccessful, even after I
> made
> sure to use directory snoop to wipe whatever old files were still hanging
> around.

I don't understand what you were trying. Did you use F1-start?

General recipe after flashing wrong ucl:
- Power off the box
- Plug USB to your running PC
- Hold F1 while powering up the box, brings you into Archos USB screen
- copy a consistent rockbox build to the box, including .ajz, .ucl, .rock's
- unmount USB, unplug USB -> the rockbox you've just copied should start
- flash the better .ucl

> Is there anything
> else I can do to get Rockbox back or am I screwed?

As long as your box runs some software, you're not screwed.

Jörg