Subject: Re: Sucky Batteries
From: Christof Schablinski (mail2_at_schablinski.de)
Date: 2004-01-14

Alan MacDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've read the battery faq, and I guess I'm gonna have to replace the
> stock batteries that came with my JBR20. I'm only getting about 1.5
> hours of playtime out of them, nowhere near the 6-8 hours I should be
> getting.
>
> I've deep discharged and recharged fully a few times in the hope that it
> might improve, but no joy.

Hi,

I had a playtime problem with my JBR20 v1 also, which turned out to be a JBR problem (to my mind).
After a year of using my JBR, the playtime started to degrade constantly. After a while I realized
that the JBR shut itself off although the battery indicator didn't show empty batteries.

I thought it was a battery problem. So I put in the second set of batteries that were shipped with
my JBR and that I haven't used so far. But this didn't solve the problem. Then, I bought a separate
NiMH-battery charger. This didn't solve the problem either. Then, I bought a new set of NiMH
batteries and charged them with my charger. The problem still didn't vanish.
Finally my JBR broke down (No more sign of life pressing the ON-button). After repair the playtime
was OK again.

Christof