Subject: Re: iRiver Player
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-01-14

mourad jaber wrote:
> As I find Rockbox very usefull, I prefere to buy a rockbox compatible
> model... I saw the iRiver iHP1xx serie very interesting and I wish to
> now if somebody as experiment it and if it could be compatible with
> rockbox in the future ?

In theory, all players could be compatible with Rockbox in the future. But it takes a lot of work and information to get there.

I have planned to send a nice letter to iRiver management (as well as some other companies such as Rio and Xclef) asking for low-level technical information about their players. If any native english speakers feel comfortable with corporate-speak and want to help, mail me off-list or talk to me on IRC.

--
Björn