Subject: Re: What is RLOD?
From: Stuffed Crust (
Date: 2004-01-14

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:30:31AM +0100, Daniel Gudlat wrote:
> > I've got this Hitachi disk in my JBR 20 ...
> Then you can potentially suffer from it as well. The Hitachi disks are
> some of the HD models for which RLOD has been obeserved. (There are
> indications that RLOD happends only on some HD models.)

It's worth mentioning that Hitachi has released firmware updates for
many of their models, including the model in my JBR-20. (DK23DA-20?)
While I haven't actually pulled the drive and performe the update and
further tested, it's possibl ethat this may cure at least some of the
RLOD problems.

 - Pizza

Solomon Peachy                                   pizza_at_f*
                                                           ICQ #1318444
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur                 Melbourne, FL