Subject: Re: S/PDIF sync'ing
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2004-01-14

Joris van den Heuvel wrote:
> My guess is that the JBR interrupts the S/PDIF clock and the mixer loses
> synchronisation. Is there a way to have the S/PDIF clock run constantly?
> Or is this a MAS3587 "feature"? It makes the digital port useless.

There may be several reasons for this:

1) The two MP3 files have different sample rates

2) The ID3 tag information couldn't be removed, causing garbage to be
sent to the MAS (unlikely)

3) The track change caused some kind of decoding error, possibly because
the last and first frames are incomplete

I use the S/PDIF output at home a lot, and I can't remember having any
problems like you describe it.