Subject: Re: JukeBox in the car
From: Stuffed Crust (
Date: 2004-01-15

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 07:32:19PM -0600, Glenn Ervin at Home wrote:
> I am now using a Ford Taurus with a stereo that allows for a CD player to be
> plugged into it, I think the connection might be in the trunk.
> But what I am wondering is if anyone knows if there is a way to connect an
> audio source, like my JBR into the stereo directly, such as in the back of
> the stereo.

I pulled the schematics for my car's ('91 Maxima) stereo, and with a
little bit of experimentation, I ended up wiring up the aux connector on
the back (for use with an add-on cd player) into a pair of RCA jacks.

If your stereo has some kind of funky unused connector on its back (or
it's used for the CD changer), the odds are that three of those pins are
L/R/Gnd, and a little bit of experimentation will tell you what (or
wiring schematics like I did).

The quality I get via that line-in feed is vastly superior to a cassette
adapter or even an fm modulator.

 - Pizza

Solomon Peachy                                   pizza_at_f*
                                                           ICQ #1318444
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur                 Melbourne, FL