Subject: AW: S/PDIF sync'ing
From: perterm (perterm_at_vce.de)
Date: 2004-01-15

>Von: Joris van den Heuvel
>
>My guess is that the JBR interrupts the S/PDIF clock and the mixer loses
>synchronisation.
>Maybe it's the mixing board that's at fault, I don't know.

Many other posters have replied but I want to throw in another thought: Via
auxillary bits in the spdif stream other information than the mere audio can
be transmitted to. My memory might fool me here, but I think that even time
codes can be transmitted. Maybe your mixer searches for such information.
Mixer consoles often have toslink inputs and not spdif. Toslink works
slightly different than spdif: it uses higher levels / symmetrical signal
lines. Very often it works nevertheless to feed a toslink input with a spdif
output.

Phil