Subject: Re: JukeBox in the car
From: SteamShip (steamship_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: 2004-01-16

You cannot compare old FM transmitters to these newer ones. They have all
new components, and I honestly have not tried a cassette adapter, but
obviously a CD player is going to have the best sound if you want to take
your CD's with you in the car. I don't like to carry around my CD's in the
heat of the car, put up with the small selection for size of a large, CD
holder, and risk scratching of the disc. I have about 8,700 CD's and not a
scratch or fingerprint on any of them.

I think arguing about the quality of music in a car is pointless, unless you
are a passenger and using Etymotic or Sure high quality ear plugs. That
I-Rock transmitter provides good FM quality sound in a $30 device. From the
sweeping generalization of your comment, Chris, I seriously doubt that you
have even tried the latest versions, or even more than one as you said in
your post. You can't expect miracles from a $30 FM device, but he already
said he didn't like the lame cassette adapter.

My last post was directed to Glenn as a "curiosity." No offense Chris, but
I was trying to see what his level of motivation/dedication to doing a hard
wire setup was about, not to hear from you how a CD player obviously
outperforms an FM radio. Before you slam the item, at least take the time
to look at some of the high scoring reviews it has received, so you don't
look so foolish.

http://www.techtastic.ca/reviews2/irock400fm.html
http://www.uniquehardware.ca/reviews/review35/review35.3.php
February Maximum PC magazine also favorably rated it.