Subject: Re: WPS tags to display next-song info
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-01-16

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Hardeep Sidhu wrote:

> playlist_peek() needs to read the track name from disk if it's stored in
> the playlist or control file so we probably want to avoid that whenever
> possible.

Good point, I didn't think about that. But this is also a good reason why we
don't want to simply use playlist_peek() in the WPS code without careful
thinking, as it could introduce a whole lot of file reading...

> We can certainly cache this information in a different location if wanted
> but I don't see anything wrong with leaving it in the mp3entry struct.

If we want to display the next-song path in the WPS using the playlist_peek()
function, we would need to cache that info somewhere.

I thought a bit more about the next-song WPS display, and I think I need to
add an option that prevents the next-song info from being available until at
most N seconds before the end of a song. Otherwise the info about the next
song might show up too early, especially for those who use the 8mb mod. I
personally would like next-song info to appear only during perhaps the last 10
seconds or so.