Subject: Boot errors with builds from this month

Boot errors with builds from this month

From: <mindvoyager_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:34:06 -0500

Howdy,

   Longtime user and lurker -- amazing product. I discovered this site before I had purchased an MP3 player, and because of what has been done here I don't think I ever used the built in Archos setup. I've reported a bug or two while using the daily builds, and I hope to someday be a contributor.

   I am having a problem with the recent builds, and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for fixing it. I haven't seen any other posts about this, so I figure I have done something wrong or managed to get myself in a unique configuration.

My problem:

My situation:
    I own a Jukebox Recorder 20 (black bumpers, non-flashable, HD not upgraded) and have kept up with the daily builds on a semi-regular basis. The last daily build that worked for me was 031231. I tried loading the Bookmark build based off of 040101, had some problem with the bookmarking (I was very busy, didn't have time to figure it out to write a bug or anything), and went back to 031231. A few days later, I tried loading the 040106 build, and got an error (listed above). Again being busy I figured I had not done something or not read something right, and just went back to the 031231 build. So today I tried the 040116 build, and again got an error (listed above). In both cases, this error happens right after the archos screen is done loading - before I have any access to rockbox (I think before the rockbox splash screen, but I can go back and check if this is important).

   Usually I just drop the AJZ file in, and sometimes update the rocks if there are notes about changes to plugins. However, after this failing a few times I went ahead and replaced all files (including moving fonts and languages to folders). No matter what I do, I can't boot up with the newer builds. I know that the recorder has a memory storage area, and I wonder if it is possible that something in there is not compatable between the 031231 (or the bookmark build) and newer builds. If so, do I just remove batteries to clear that, or do I have to do something else?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

     Jason