Subject: Re: JukeBox in the car

Re: JukeBox in the car

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:42:59 +0100 (MET)

> unfortunately some newer stereos tend to use a funky digital signalling
> setup which basically means you need a piece of electronics at the other
> end of a cable to even convince the head unit that there's something there
> to play; even if wires correspond to L/R/Gnd, it's useless to wire
> something to them when you cannot select that input. apparently for
> brands like alpine, it's possible to buy a dongle that convinces the
> head unit to take an audio in as an expected component (cd changer i'd
> imagine), but that isn't an option for all brands of car stereo.

Or use my Alpine CDC plugin, which makes the Archos pretend it's an Alpine
M-Bus changer:
http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/alpine_cdc/
It needs recompilation, the plugin API has changed meanwhile.

For instructions, see my old posting:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-11/0476.shtml

Jörg

Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR http://www.gmx.net/topmail