Subject: Re: Boot errors with builds from this month
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2004-01-16

One thing you didn't make 100% clear...

When you reverted back to the 2003-12-31 build, did your machine start
working again?

I too have a black bumper, non-flash, unmodified; if you pick a build to
test from the last few days, then I will try that specific build at the
same time and compare results.

The only time I have personally seen those errors is when loading bad
plugins (generally my own work during testing)

There have been a number of major core changes since 1/jan so it is within
reason that this is the cause.

However, I fear that there may be a problem with your machine that has only
just been highlighted.

On the other side, if we can find this "highlighting code" then it can be
tailored for you?