Subject: Re: Cold Weather Issues?
From: H C (
Date: 2004-01-17

Hi, All.

I found a solution of sorts to my JBR20V2 not booting
in very cold weather. I discovered that if I simply
leave it powered ON, in idle mode, while I am at work,
that it continues to work fine when I get back into
the car at the end of the day, even in extremely cold

The JBR20V2's Li-Ion battery is still at about 75%
after being in idle mode for about 8-9 hours. I think
this is impressive in for the cold weather.

However, I plan to rig up an "always on" cig. lighter
outlet in the car so that it will use the car's
battery instead of the Archos's.

I suppose this approach defeats the excellent "Car
Mode" feature of Rockbox, but at least it keeps it
working, and it's only necessary in the coldest part
of the winter.

Do you Yahoo!?