Subject: Re: WPS tags to display next-song info

Re: WPS tags to display next-song info

From: Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:57:40 -0800

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>Good point, I didn't think about that. But this is also a good reason why we
>don't want to simply use playlist_peek() in the WPS code without careful
>thinking, as it could introduce a whole lot of file reading...

Agreed.

>If we want to display the next-song path in the WPS using the playlist_peek()
>function, we would need to cache that info somewhere.

True. Maybe we can just cache it in the playlist code and remove the
path from the mp3entry struct like you had suggested earlier?

>I thought a bit more about the next-song WPS display, and I think I need to
>add an option that prevents the next-song info from being available until at
>most N seconds before the end of a song. Otherwise the info about the next
>song might show up too early, especially for those who use the 8mb mod. I
>personally would like next-song info to appear only during perhaps the last 10
>seconds or so.

I like this idea. Maybe extend it and also allow users to specify
certain info to be displayed only for the first N seconds as well? I
could see this as useful for all tags, not just the next-song info.

-Hardeep