Subject: Random BUTTON_OFF events
From: Markus Braun (
Date: 2004-01-18

since firmware/drivers/adc.c changed to version 1.6 I have really weired
problems with random BUTTON_OFF events. When battery is below 50% and a disk
access takes place it seems that BUTTON_OFF is triggered. When I'm in
playback it stops and asks if I want to create a bookmark. When I have
locked keys, then I get the splash screen "Key Lock Is ON" and playback
continues. If I'm in the menu "Info->Debug->View runtime" screen (which can
only be left with the OFF button) then the screen is left and rockbox is in
the "Info->Debug" menu.

Today I run a 15 hour test with a custom rockbox version. It consists of
the latest CVS code except that adc.c was version 1.5. During that test I
had absolutely no problem. When I booted into a rockbox version with adc.c
1.6 I had several playback stops.

Is it possible that the new revision of adc.c really causes these problems or
does it just surface a hardware problem of my Archos?

Markus Braun

Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors