Subject: Re: Free Gmini plugins...
From: mr.escape_at_gmx.de
Date: 2004-01-19

I don't think, that this would yield any usable or even interesting
information.
Most probably they bind the plugin to the very machine by encoding the
plugin-binary somehow with the machine-ID. The built in firmware then
decodes it with its own id. Using a wrong id just gives random bits. Bingo.
If they felt really hardcore (I highly doubt), they have built in a unique,
random, asymmetric pair of keys and use this database to encode with the
public part of it.

mr.escape