Subject: Re: RockBox Video Viewer & Gallery Maker
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-01-19

Hello Fabian,

nice work! We can now see the videos on a PC, too, and author from JPEG.

Allow me a few comments:

- my video player is looping .rvf's from memory which fit into the remaining
plugin buffer. Currently, this is 34 frames or 30464 bytes. So it would be
advisable to encode single stills that way. The disk is not constantly on

- you seem to use a simple halftoning algoritm, not mine. It gives only a
few grayscales, but maybe you liked it for less "grainyness"? Mine is not
limited to a certain number, sources are here as you probably know:

- for PC playback, it would look better if you take the Archos pixel aspect
ratio of 0.8 into account, like making them not square but e.g. 4*5 pixels.

- how do you re-generate the grayscales? Do you use an IIR filter? This
means use x percent of the new bit and 100-x percent from the existing gray
value. Balance x for best results.

Thanks for contributing that tool!

Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR