Subject: FMR batteries
From: Chuck Urwiler (curwiler_at_comcast.net)
Date: 2004-01-19

Hey gang,

Just want to double-check things here so I know what my options are. I
have an FM Recorder.

Basically, I'm pretty certain that my battery in my FMR is having
problems. I can't run the unit more than about an hour or so before it
shuts down, and if I turn the unit off and leave it unplugged overnight,
it won't run in the morning without being plugged in.

The Rockbox software/firmware doesn't shut down the unit, correct? That's
all done in hardware?

If y'all agree this is a battery problem, then the question is: anyone
successful in getting Archos to replace it? Or should I just go and spend
the $69 and get it from a place like this (it says for multimedia, but
it's the same battery, with slightly higher mAH rating, right?)

http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?rrc=N
<http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?rrc=N&pg=prod&ref=300211-BAT>
&pg=prod&ref=300211-BAT (found this link while visiting the
ipodsdirtysecret.com site).

Just checking with y'all since I've not the time to dig into the box
myself to check these things. I can replace a battery, even if it requires
a little soldering. :)

Thanks in advance.

-Chuck