Subject: Recorder 8MB mod success
From: Stephen Noftall (stephenn_at_lcsaudio.com)
Date: 2004-01-19

Well, I got my FM Recorder last week, and over the weekend sat down at
the stereo scope station and modded it. It lasted only 24hours in the
unmodified state ;-)

The first time it didn't work with the 8MB firmware, as I forgot to take
into account the schematics A1/A0 offset problem. I did realize that the
lithium battery slides right on top of the DRAM chip, so all the mods
had to fit along side of it.

I also had to fix the headphone jack, as it was "broke" when this brand
new JB came in ;-(. The build quality of my unit isn't very good. Oh
well, it works fine now!

I have a spare 8MB DRAM left over, as I bought 2 thinking I was going to
mess up the first time. I purchased it for $25Cnd, so if anyone wants
it, that plus shipping and I will send it out again.

Cheers, and many thanks to all the contributors of this project! Lots of
really cool stuff, and the 8MB web pages are a real help.

Stephen