Subject: RE: Difficulties loading .cfg files
From: c s (
Date: 2004-01-19

--- Mark Bright <> wrote:
> I have just downloaded a building edge build,
> and the WPS screen when browsing .cfg's has
> now been fixed (thanks Hardeep)
> But does anyone else consider that 17 button
> presses is just too many for loading configs?
> F1, down, down, play, down, down, down,
> play, up, play, play, up, play, left,
> left, left, left
> to select the bottom one in the list, and
> Return to the WPS
> And then another 18 presses to reselect
> the alternate config.
> When you consider one of them main objectives
> Of .cfg files is the ease with which they allow
> The user to reconfigure their box...
> I am not sure what the answer is, but ever
> Shorted and deeper menu's would not seem to
> be ideal.

I completely agree. I think that the latest menu
reorganization was poorly thought out and based on a
questionable premise that it is better minimize the
number of selections at each menu level in order to
make items at each level visible with minimal or no
scrolling at the expense of having to burry things at
deeper levels. I don't find that having to navigate
down into a larger number of menu levels is any
improvement over scrolling for them in fewer
not-so-deep levels.

Do you Yahoo!?