Subject: Re: Keyboard
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-01-20

> After lots of searching online, I found the Handspring Visor has exactly
> those properties (It gets its power off the rcv line as well as using it
> as a recv line).

What does a keyboard need a receive line for? I thought it's just
unidirectional, transmitting. Or are you referring to the other (Archos) end, where
it's called receive?

> It's just a case of buying a keyboard for the handspring visor, and
> changing the plug on it :)
> Has anyone tried hooking modems/mice/etc up to any archos devices?

I hooked some strange things to the remote pin of the JBR: infrared
receiver, car stereo:

The RX pin has an internal 1K pullup to 3.3V. So if you want to power your
peripheral from there (like I do with the IR receiver), you must not draw more
than, say, 1mA. Some boxes are rumoured to have weaker pullups, makes it
difficult to power from there. After all, the Archos cable remote uses a button

How much does your keyboard draw?

Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR