Subject: Re: Difficulties loading .cfg files
From: Henrik Backe (backe_at_swipnet.se)
Date: 2004-01-21

"Björn Stenberg" <bjorn_at_haxx.se> wrote in message
>c s wrote:
>> (1) "Manage Settings" belongs at the root level, not in "System" since it
is
>> used to manage all settings, not just system settings.
>
>I can agree with that.

I also agree

>> (2) "Sleeptimer" belongs back at the root where it use to be. Just like
>> "Bookmarks", there is/was a reason for it being at the root. It is not a
>> persistant setting but rather a tool that must be accessed every time you
>> want to use it.

I agree

>But should all such tools really be at the root level? Shouldn't then the
plugin browser >also be at the root level? And recording. And "view id3
tags" etc?

You have a good point everything can not be put at the root level but the
examples were not so good.
The plugin browser and and recording are already in the root menu,
view id3 tags really belong in a context sensitive menu.

Also many of the "tool" type of entries under the current f1 menu belongs
in context sensitve menues, for example bookmarks and playlists.

So I believe the current debate is a bit premature, when the new context
sensitve menu and the new user configurablee f2 menu are in place
most of the issues discussed in this thread will be solved.

The reordering of the f1 menu was a much needed step in the redesign of the
ui, but it is not last step.

--
.../Henrik