Subject: Re: Logging
From: ozric01_at_gmx.net
Date: 2004-01-22

Björn Stenberg schrieb:
> Dario Carluccio wrote:
>
>>a year ago or so, there has been a patch, which created a logfile.
>>

> As far as I remember, this feature was test code. I don't see what purpose it would serve in mainline Rockbox.

I really like this feature! It's part of all my personal builds. I wrote
a perl script that generates a bunch of playlists from the log:

- recently played tracks: last day/ week/ month/ etc.
- most frequently played tracks: top 10/ top 50/ ...
- never played tracks
- most played artists charts
- most played by genre
- by daytime: midnight mix/ morning mix/ ...
- by month/season/year: september mix/ summer mix/ ...

please give the patch a second thought

cheers, peter