Subject: RE: Bookmarking problems
From: Mark Bright (
Date: 2004-01-26

I have a long mp3 on my jukebox (Stephen Hawkins' 'Brief History of Time'
234 minutes) so I tried the following tests:

Play the file, stop it and create bookmark after 1 minute,
pay another mp3 for a few seconds then stop it,
load bookmark file from Audiobook

I repeated this at intervals up to 220 minute

The result was a success every time....!

Have you checked that the VBR header is correct? Before I started, I ran
VBRfix on this file within the jukebox, and it still gave the wrong
length... I then copied it to the PC and ran VBRfix v5 (from, and copied it back.

Also what version of Rockbox, mine is 040122 (flashed) on a FMR...