Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Playlist viewer changes
From: Hardeep Sidhu (hardeeps_at_pobox.com)
I've just committed a number of changes to the playlist viewer that will
be available in the next daily build.
1. You can now view/edit playlists on disk by selecting
ON+PLAY->Playlist->View on a playlist from the file browser.
Features/functions are the same as when viewing the current playlist.
Pressing PLAY on a track will stop whatever is currently playing and
load/start the new playlist (including whatever modifications have been
made to it in the viewer) at the specified track.
- Any edits done to a playlist will be lost when you exit the viewer
unless you save the playlist first (see below) or start playing it.
- If nothing is currently playing, the size of the playlist that can be
viewed/edited is limited by the "max playlist size" setting. However,
if a track is playing then the the playlist cannot have more than 4096
2. A new menu has been created in the playlist viewer, accessed via
F1(r) or MENU(p). Options available:
a. Show Icons - Should icons be displayed in the viewer.
b. Show Indices - Should the playlist index be prepended to the track name.
c. Track Display - Should the full path be displayed or just the track name.
d. Save Current Playlist - Save the playlist at the specified location.
3. All the options of ON+PLAY in the file browser have been added to the
playlist viewer and can be accessed via ON+PLAY->File Options.
As always, please report any bugs on the mailing list and/or the bug
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew