Subject: Re: A digital out issue: Rockbox vs. Archos Firmware
From: Chris Muth (rockbox_at_muth.cc)
Date: 2004-01-27

It is a .asc file. That is GnuPG signature.
GnuPG is an encryption program.
In this case, if you had GnuPG, and "Florian Wüchner" public key, you could use the
.asc file to verify that the message came from him. The file is text, you can view it with notepad or such.

Opening an attachment is only harmful if;
1) it is somethings that is executable
   This is .exe, .bat, .vbs, .scr, etc.
2) and it is malicious.

Things like .jpg, .gif, .txt, .zip, etc.
are not harmful.

-Chris