Subject: Re: HDD error + No spin

Re: HDD error + No spin

From: kurzhaarrocker <phil_at_carangg.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:59:44 +0100

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:00:53 +0100, Linus Nielsen Feltzing
<linus_at_haxx.se> wrote:

>Obi-Wan Kannabis wrote:
>>
>> And how are you repaired this ??? is it only a wire or a solder point which is break or something else ?
>
>This picture shows where I resoldered Daniel's recorder:
>
>http://www.gofurygo.de/webpost/pcb_ground.jpg
>
>The green solder points needed resoldering.

If you have to resolder these joints I recommend to twist the metal
nozzles that are shoved throught the pcb. I did that with my unit.
That way the force of the springs is imposed directly on the metal
sheet and not via the solder joint. On
http://rockbox.haxx.se/internals/rec_rear_top_t.jpg you can see how I
twisted these metal nozzles before I resoldered the joints.

Phil