Subject: Re: Recording - Default file names and location
From: scott (die_pokemon_die123_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2004-01-29

--- Dave DeWees <ddewees_at_insight.rr.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to modify the default file name for a new recording? How do you direct the
> default folder. To me it appears that the file name is a cryptic numbering scheme and the root
> folder is the default. The file name is not a big issue but I would like to understand if it is
> possible to specifiy the folder that the recording is placed in.

there isn't a way to change the default filename for recordings, but i have no idea why you would
want to. the format is this: r-yymmdd-hhmmss.mp3 (year, month, day, hour, minute second). there is
now a way to change the directory to either /recordings/ or the directory you were in when you
started recording, but i believe it's only in the daily builds.

> Hence, I am looking at the Rockbox OS for a more stable environment.

i doubt you'll be disappointed.

-scott