Subject: Re: Recording - Default file names and location
From: Olivier Vermersch (Olivier.Vermersch_at_wanadoo.fr)
Date: 2004-01-29

Le Jeudi 29 Janvier 2004 05:06, scott a écrit :
> --- Dave DeWees <ddewees_at_insight.rr.com> wrote:
> > Is there a way to modify the default file name for a new recording? How
> > do you direct the default folder. To me it appears that the file name is
> > a cryptic numbering scheme and the root folder is the default. The file
> > name is not a big issue but I would like to understand if it is possible
> > to specifiy the folder that the recording is placed in.
>
> there isn't a way to change the default filename for recordings, but i have
> no idea why you would want to. the format is this: r-yymmdd-hhmmss.mp3
> (year, month, day, hour, minute second). there is now a way to change the
> directory to either /recordings/ or the directory you were in when you
> started recording, but i believe it's only in the daily builds.

I 'd like to change the filenames too. I often record short pieces with
Harpsichord/piano, usually about 15-20 in a row. Then I have to rename the 20
r-xxx.mp3 to renamed accurately. It would be nice to have some kind of
"recordlist file" containing, the prefix of the filename replacing the r, for
example:
inv01
inv02
prelude1
fuga1

would lead to files

inv01-xxxxx.mp3

Then pressing on next record button would automatically choose the next name
with the date/time (or a a counter) as a suffix. With this I would just play
the pieces in the correct order.

Olivier