Subject: Re: Recording - Default file names and location
From: Olivier Vermersch (
Date: 2004-01-29

Le Jeudi 29 Janvier 2004 05:06, scott a écrit :
> --- Dave DeWees <> wrote:
> > Is there a way to modify the default file name for a new recording? How
> > do you direct the default folder. To me it appears that the file name is
> > a cryptic numbering scheme and the root folder is the default. The file
> > name is not a big issue but I would like to understand if it is possible
> > to specifiy the folder that the recording is placed in.
> there isn't a way to change the default filename for recordings, but i have
> no idea why you would want to. the format is this: r-yymmdd-hhmmss.mp3
> (year, month, day, hour, minute second). there is now a way to change the
> directory to either /recordings/ or the directory you were in when you
> started recording, but i believe it's only in the daily builds.

I 'd like to change the filenames too. I often record short pieces with
Harpsichord/piano, usually about 15-20 in a row. Then I have to rename the 20
r-xxx.mp3 to renamed accurately. It would be nice to have some kind of
"recordlist file" containing, the prefix of the filename replacing the r, for

would lead to files

Then pressing on next record button would automatically choose the next name
with the date/time (or a a counter) as a suffix. With this I would just play
the pieces in the correct order.