Subject: hardware 'mod' for FM's
From: mat (
Date: 2004-01-29

Hello all,

I recently announced that I fixed my Fm recorder due to the badly designed grounding/negetive plate from thebattery to the casing.. Well it's still not perfect and switches off on accassions (when on my bike and stuff). So I am considering solderiung the negative of the batteries directly to the ground on the motherboard. Is this a bad idea? Can I damage the batteries by soldering directly onto the end? All I want is a good contact that lasts, and it's currently unreliable. If I ever have to change the batteries, I can just desolder.

Any help/ideas, most appreciated!