Subject: Re: Queue functions (was Re: file menu)
From: Hardeep Sidhu (hardeeps_at_pobox.com)
Date: 2004-01-29

Michael Hentschel wrote:

>I still didn't get the meaning of the three different ways of
>insert/queue! I understand "insert next" and "insert last" but what does
>"insert" do?

"Insert next" adds the track(s) immediately after the current playing track.
"Insert last" adds the track(s) to the end of the playlist.
"Insert" works like queue did in the 2.0 release: the track(s) will be
inserted after the last inserted track. If no tracks have been inserted
then the behavior is the same as "Insert next".

There are some examples posted here:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-08/0321.shtml.
Maybe, as Linus suggested, something like this could be added to the
manual. Also, I'm all for changing names of the functions if people
think they will make a difference.

>What about having only the "insert"-entries in the menu and then asking
>something like "keep in playlist? (yes/no)", hence requiring only one
>more keypress to confirm/discard?

I like this idea. Maybe have the standard off/on/ask options for
determining whether or not to queue.

-Hardeep