Subject: Re: Menus

Re: Menus

From: c s <rb_dev_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:03:37 -0800 (PST)

--- BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net> wrote:

> > > I noticed that the SLEEP TIMER has been buried
> deep inside the menu system
> > > under "system settings"
> > > May I suggest that it is replaced in the
> top-level menu ...
> >
> >Yeah, we probably need to organize the menu better
> but there needs to be a
> >lot more though going into it than just bumping
> everyone's favorite
> >entries to the top level.
>
> I wondered if there would be others with the same
> idea, but you are right,
> this one seems to be just me.

No. It's not just you. I made the same comment when
they took sleep timer off the root menu... it really
belongs there, although for people who never use it,
it's just clutter in the root menu. If we will be able
put it in the custom menu when that is implemented,
that is probably an OK solution for recorder users,
but on the player that would still leave a setting
that should probably be at the root burried down in
the menu tree.

Also, I hope that the custom menu is not going to be
the current style "quick menu" as implied by Bjorn's
reply, because that would limit the number of settings
on the custom menu. A simple menu list like the
current F1 menu would be preferable.

=====
Craig

rb_dev_at_yahoo.com