Subject: Nested Playlist patch

Nested Playlist patch

From: CombThins <bmnews_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:14:07 -0000

It's been a while since I've had much time to spend here. I just caught up
with about the last six months work, and it looks like lots of good stuff's
been happening, so thanks to everyone.

I've just submitted a patch which allows playlists to be nested (.m3u line
in a playlist will load that playlist down to a maximum depth of 8). If
anyone tries it out please let me have your comments. It generally work
with dynamic playlists, bookmarks, and the playlist viewer, but as I am not
a big user of those features it would be good to have others try it out.

I am aware of a couple of issues which I will look into, and update the
patch:

 - Dynamically inserting a playlist which contains .m3u lines does not go
through the nesting loader, so the nested playlists within the added
playlist are not loaded.

 - There seems to be a problem with loading large playlists into the
playlist viewer - it seems to get out of step with the playlist file
contents. I've only seen problems when the playlist is big, requiring the
playlist viewer to load another section from disk.

CombThins