Subject: Testing F2 user menu
From: c0utta fish (
Date: 2004-01-31

Hey guys,

I have done a proof of concept for the F2 user menu which is available at This is only for the
recorder at this stage (not the FM). When you rolo F2_Test.AJZ, just press
(and release) the F2 button and youíll see the user menu.

You use \.rockbox\ to define the key mappings you want. For
example, you could have a mapping to view all plugins, or run a specific

The following line in

512;91; ;
- 512 is the code for F2
- 91 is the #define for browse plugins within my code
- space means use the LANG for the menu desctiption
- empty means default action, which is browse plugins

512;91;Hello World;/.rockbox/rocks/helloworld.rock
- 512 is the code for F2
- 91 is the #define for browse plugins within my code
- Hello World will be displayed in the menu
- Runs the /.rockbox/rocks/helloworld.rock

Not all functions have been converted (itís a big job), so I have just done
my favourites (plus some other requests Iíve seen).

Iíve been able to save the quickscreen functionality, so it still works as
long as you donít release the F2 key. There is no sorting yet, and the only
way to change the menu entries is to edit

Please let me know what you think, and whether I should proceed further.
Let me know of errors too.

Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here